Thursday, November 13, 2008

rumble in the bronx

today i went to the gas station and made a friend. i don't think i am his friend, but he is mine. he was this old japanese guy who wore a beanie and gloves. my car was behind him in line to get fuel. it is one of those gas stations where you have to wait in the store thing to pay when your pump is done. the tiny japanese guy looked at me and i looked back at him and gave him a smile. he gave me what i would describe as a turtle smile back. he just seemed curious and delightful. he looked behind himself and saw a little bag of doritos. the collisions kind that has two flavors. my friend was trying to figure out how he would open the bag. it was such a brave new world for him.

his pump finished and he went to pay for his gas. he gave the lady a hundred dollar bill and held on to his bag of chips. the lady grabbed for his chips so she could scan them. the release of his grip was very reluctant. he really liked his collisions.

i paid shortly after and when i got to my car, my friend was leaving. he was in front of me and tried to take a turn a little too wide. the guy behind me tried to get in front of me to take my friend's spot when he left. this dweeb got angry and started honking at my friend. i guess he couldn't wait the twelve seconds it was going to take me to move my car. my friend left and the usurper took his spot and got out of his car. i gave him a bad look. i basically murdered him with my face.

my new friend kind of showed me an adorable side of being old. maybe being old is not all that bad. just mostly. i think it's funny that this little guy will never know who i am and i think he is my friend. am i insane?
__yes __no __maybe

No comments: