Sunday, August 31, 2008

trip trap

the last few nights, i have been in holds with the girl who betrayed my trust earlier. she is probably the least fun to be in holds with. all of her playfulness and rage are purely behavioral. she is smart. and bad smart. she picks up ideas from her peers and tries them out on us to see how we react. during a hold last night, i had to tuck my arm under her legs and put all of my weight on her thighs so she couldn't kick or get out of the hold. my whole right arm lost all feeling after ten minutes and the hold went on for about a half an hour. she called me an asshole, but then told me that she liked my socks in the same sentence. one of my co-workers stood at the door to the safe room to write down the things she said and the specific times things were done. he is of asian descent. she asked him if he had anything better to do, like working on a computer or fucking up the olympics. we finally were able to lock her in the safe room.

afterwards, i went to say goodbye to one of my favorite clients. he is leaving before i see him again and he was very sad about it. he said he would come back to visit sometime. he was funny. he tried to booby trap me once. he poured the soap from his bubbles on the floor near the entrance to his room. i didn't see it, but when i stepped in it, my foot slid slightly. he thought it was hilarious and told me that he trapped me. a few minutes later, he came running out of his room and slipped on his own trap. he caught himself, but it was a bigger slip than mine was. i win. he was on sharps restriction for a few times he was here. that means that he always has to have his door propped open so staff can see him. he told me that we did it because we were peepers. he said i was a peeping tom and asked me what my name was. i told him it was barry. he called me a peeping barry for a while until he learned my name. we made a cat out of fuse beads. her name was jujubee.

on an unrelated note, i realized that i am a prime candidate for being an alcoholic. i need to watch out for that.

No comments: